Spacer-Armed Copper(II) Complex Based on Bis(2-pyidyl-1,2,4-triazol-3-yl)butane and 1-Aminoethane-1,1-Diphosphonic Acid
- 9 Downloads
The new complex [Cu4L2(H2AEDP)2(H2O)4] · 34H2O was prepared by the reaction of CuSO4 with bis(2-pyridyl-1,2,4-triazol-3-yl)butane (H2L) and 1-aminoethane-1,1-diphosphonic acid (H4AEDP) and studied by X-ray diffraction (CIF file CCDC no. 1913117). The complex is a spacer-armed dimer in which two dimer subunits formed with participation of diphosphonate dianions are linked to each other via two doubly deprotonated bis(pyridyl)triazoles. The bridging diphosphonate anion exists in the zwitter ion form, bis(triazolyl)butane is coordinated via the nitrogen atoms of the pyridyl moiety and the deprotonated triazole ring. Analysis of the ESR spectrum of the polycrystalline sample attests to weak exchange interactions in the dimeric moieties.
Keywords:copper(II) spacer-armed 1,2,4-triazole X-ray diffraction ESR spectroscopy
X-ray diffraction analysis was carried out using the research equipment of the Center for Collective Use of the Kurnakov Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences.
The study of complex compounds was carried out within the state assignment of the Kurnakov Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry, RAS, in the field of fundamental scientific research and was supported by the Russian Science Foundation (project no. 18-13-00024).
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 10.Gusev, A.N., Shul’gin, V.F., Ryush, I.O., et al., Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2017, no. 3, p. 704.Google Scholar
- 13.Pan Ling Ling, Yuan Yi-Xuan, Xiao, Y., et al., J. Mol. Struct., 2008, vol. 892, p. 272.Google Scholar
- 14.SMART (control) and SAINT (integration) Sofware. Version 5.0, Madison: Bruker AXS Inc., 1997.Google Scholar
- 17.Rakitin, Yu.V., Larin, G.M., and Minin, V.V., Interpretatsiya spektrov EPR koordinatsionnykh soedinenii (Interpretation of ESR spectra of Coordination Compounds), Moscow: Nauka, 1993.Google Scholar
- 18.Lebedev, Ya.S. and Muromtsev, V.I., EPR i relaksatsiya stabilizirovannykh radikalov (ESR and Relaxation of Stabilized Radicals), Moscow: Khimiya, 1972, p. 25.Google Scholar
- 19.Allen, F.H., Kennard, O., Watson, D.G., et al., J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans., 1987, vol. 12, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 20.Addison, A.W. and Rao, T.N., J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 1984, p. 1349.Google Scholar