Nanostructured Platinum-Free Catalysts of Oxygen Reduction based on Metal Chalcogenide Cobalt Clusters
Nanostructured catalysts were synthesized by deposition of cobalt selenide and telluride on highly dispersed carbon black from solutions of corresponding metal chalcogenide clusters. The catalysts were characterized by powder X-ray diffraction, energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy, and scanning electron microscopy. The electroreduction of oxygen at these catalysts is accompanied by consumption of four electrons. The catalysts were shown to be tolerant to methanol.
Keywords:nanoelectrocatalysts cobalt chalcogenides electroreduction
Analytical measurements were done using equipment of the Center for Collective Use of Physical Investigation Methods of the Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry.
- 3.Susac, D., Zhu, L., Teo, M., et al., J. Phys. Chem., 2007, vol. 111, p. 18715.Google Scholar
- 7.Feng, Y.J., He, T., and Alonso-Vante, N., Fuel Cells, 2010, vol. 10, p. 77.Google Scholar
- 10.Feng, Y.J., Gago, A., Timperman, L., and Alonso-Vante, N., Electrochim. Acta, 2011, vol. 56, p. 1009.Google Scholar
- 14.Grinberg, V.A., Pasynskii, A.A., Kulova, T.L., and Skundin, A.M., Abstracts of Papers, III Ross. konf. po vodorodnoi energetike (III Russ. Conf. on Hydrogen Power Engineering), St. Petersburg, 2006, p. 71.Google Scholar
- 15.Grinberg, V.A., Kulova, T.L., Skundin, A.M., and Pasynskii, A.A., US Patent Application 20070078052, 2007.Google Scholar
- 16.Law, C.G., Grinberg, V.A., Kulova, T.L., et al., US Patent Application 2007007011084, 2007.Google Scholar
- 20.Pasynskii, A.A., Torubaev, Yu.V., Lyakina, A.Yu, et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1998, vol. 43, no. 6, p. 939.Google Scholar