Electrochemical Synthesis, Properties, and Structure of 1,10-Phenanthroline Adducts of Mononuclear Copper, Cobalt, and Nickel Chelates in the N,N,O-Ligand Environment
- 44 Downloads
1,10-Phenanthroline (Phen) adducts [M(L)Phen] in copper(II), cobalt(II), and zinc(II) chelates based on N,N,O-tridentate tosylamino-functionalized pyrazole-containing Schiff base (H2L), resulting from condensation of 2-tosylaminoaniline with 3-methyl-1-phenyl-4-formylpyrazol-5-ol, were obtained by electrosynthesis. The composition and structure of the mixed-ligand complexes were confirmed by elemental analysis, IR spectroscopy, and magnetochemical measurements. The structures of azomethine H2L and mixed-ligand copper(II) complex were determined by X-ray diffraction.
Keywords:electrosynthesis mixed-ligand complexes 1,10-phenanthroline tridentate Schiff bases X-ray diffraction
Experimental data were obtained using equipment of the Center for Collective Use “Molecular Spectroscopy” of the Southern Federal University.
The authors are grateful to Dr.Sc. (chemistry), Professor of the RAS, K.A. Lysenko for highly skilled X-ray diffraction measurements and interpretation and discussion of X-ray diffraction results.
This work was supported by the Southern Scientific Center, Russian Academy of Sciences (government order no. 01201354239) and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (grant no. 16-03-00503a).
- 2.Luman, C.R. and Castellano, F.N., in Comprehensive Coordination Chemistry, McCleverty, J.A., Meyer, T.J., and Lever, A.B.P., Eds., Oxford: Elsevier, 2004, vol. 1, p. 25.Google Scholar
- 8.Malick, W.U. and Sharma, T.S., J. Indian Chem. Soc., 1970, vol. 47, no. 2, p. 167.Google Scholar
- 10.SMART and SAINT. Release 5.0. Area Detector Control and Integration Software, Madison: Bruker AXS, 1998.Google Scholar
- 11.Sheldrick, G.M., SADABS. A Program for Exploiting the Redundancy of Area-Detector X-ray Data, Göttingen: Univ. of Göttingen, 1999.Google Scholar
- 22.Frisch, M.J., Trucks, G.W., Schlegel, H.B., et al., Gaussian 03. Revision A1, Pittsburgh: Gaussian Inc., 2003.Google Scholar