Copper(II) and silver(I) complexes with chiral N-substituted aminoacetic acid derivatives containing the natural monoterpenes (+)-3-carene and (–)-α-pinene: Synthesis and structures
The complexes [Cu(HL)Cl] · 0.25H2O (I), [Cu(HL1)Cl] · 0.5H2O (II), [Ag(HL)] · 0.5H2O (III) were obtained; HL– and (HL1)– are the anions of the chiral N-substituted aminoacetic acid derivatives containing the natural monoterpenes (+)-3-carene and (–)-α-pinene, respectively. The µeff values for paramagnetic complexes I and II are 1.92 and 1.81 µB, respectively. Single crystals of the coordination 1D polymer [Cu(HL)Cl · 2H2O] n (IV) were grown. According to the X-ray diffraction data (CIF file CCDC No. 1035219), the crystal structure of complex IV is made up of the zigzag chains [Cu(HL)Cl] n and water molecules. The coordination polyhedron of the Cu atom is a distorted square pyramid (ClN2O2). The anion HL– acts as a chelating and bridging tetradentate ligand coordinated through the N atoms of the NH and NOH groups as well as through the O atoms of the COO–groups linking two adjacent Cu atoms together. The IR spectra of complexes I and II also provide evidence for the coordination of the functional COO–, NOH, and NH groups. In complex III, the coordination sphere of the Ag atom is made up of the O atoms of the COO–group. Complex III shows weak green photoluminescence (λmax = 530 nm).
KeywordsCoordination Chemistry Coordination Polymer Zigzag Chain Hydroxyimino Tetradentate Ligand
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bolotin, S.N., Bukov, N.N., Volynkin, V.A., and Panyushkin, V.T., Koordinatsionnaya khimiya prirodnykh aminokislot (Coordination Chemistry of Natural Amino Acids), Moscow: LKI, 2008.Google Scholar
- 3.Hughes, M.N., The Inorganic Chemistry of Biological Processes, New York: Wiley, 1981.Google Scholar
- 7.Tkachev, A.V., Ross. Khim. Zh., 1998, vol. 42, nos. 1–2, p. 42.Google Scholar
- 8.Larionov, S.V. and Tkachev, A.V., Ross. Khim. Zh., 2004, vol. 48, no. 4, p. 154.Google Scholar
- 10.Semenov, A.A., Ocherk khimii prirodnykh soedinenii (Essay on the Chemistry of Natural Compounds), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2000.Google Scholar
- 11.Tolstikova, T.G., Morozova, E.A., Pavlova, A.V., et al., Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2008, vol. 422, no. 4, p. 490.Google Scholar
- 12.Larionov, S.V., Kokina, T.E., Agafontsev, A.M., et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2011, no. 12. p. 2506.Google Scholar
- 14.Zaitsev, B.E., Spectrokhimiya koordinatsionnykh soedinenii (Spectrochemistry of Coordination Compounds), Moscow: Universitet Druzhby Narodov, 1991.Google Scholar
- 15.Nakamoto, K. Infrared Spectra and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, New York: Wiley, 1986.Google Scholar