Synthesis, structural characterization, and properties of a Cd(II) complex with a carboxylate- and benzimidazolyl-containing ligand
- 57 Downloads
The hydrothermal reaction of cadmium salt with 3,5-bis(benzimidazol-1-ylmethyl)benzoic acid (HL) forms a new complex [Cd(L)2] · 3H2O (I). This complex has been characterized by single-crystal X-ray diffraction, IR, elemental and thermogravimetric analyses and shows 3D flu framework structure with 2-nodal (3,6)-connected (42.6)2(44.62.89) topology. Luminescent property of I was investigated. Moreover, single crystals of HL were obtained accidentally in the hydrothermal reaction of the HL with MnSO4 at 160°C, and its crystal structure has been characterized by single-crystal X-ray diffraction (CIF files CCDC nos. 1020274 (HL) and 1020275 (I)).
KeywordsBenzoic Acid Coordination Chemistry Coordination Polymer Benzimidazolyl Isophthalic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Sengupta, S., Goswami, A., Ganguly, S., et al., Cryst-EngComm, 2011, vol. 12, no.13, p. 136.Google Scholar
- 8.Kuai, H.W., Cheng, X.C., and Zhu, X.H., Z. Naturforsch., 2013, vol. 68b, no. 3, p. 789.Google Scholar
- 11.SAINT, Program for Data Extraction and Reduction, Madison (WI, USA): Bruker AXS, Inc., 2001.Google Scholar
- 12.Sheldrick, G.M., SADABS, Program for Bruker Area Detector Absorption Correction, Göttingen (Germany): Univ. of Göttingen, 1997.Google Scholar
- 13.Sheldrick, G.M., SHELXS/L-97, Programs for the Determination of Crystal Structure, Göttingen (Germany): Univ. of Göttingen, 1997.Google Scholar
- 15.Valeur, B., Molecular Fluorescence: Principles and Applications, Weinheim (Germany): Wiley-VCH, 2002.Google Scholar