Hexaaquacobalt(II) and hexaaquacadmium(II) 4-nitro-2,3,5,6-tetraoxopyridinates [M(H2O)6](C5HN2O6)2 · 2H2O (M = Co and Cd): Synthesis, structures, and properties
- 53 Downloads
The complexes [Cd(H2O)6](C5HN2O6)2 · 2H2O (I) and [Co(H2O)6](C5HN2O6)2 · 2H2O (II) were obtained in the crystalline state by reactions of cobalt chloride and cadmium chloride with ammonium 4-nitro-2,3,5,6-tetraoxopyridinate, (NH4)2 · (C5HO6N2)2. Their cocrystallization gave the heterometallic complex [Cd0.32Co0.68(H2O)6](C5HN2O6)2 · 2H2O (III). The crystal and molecular structures of complexes I-III were determined by X-ray diffraction. It was demonstrated that the complexation reactions occur by replacement of two ammonium cations 4-nitro-2,3,5,6-tetraoxopyridinate by the complex cations [M(H2O)6]2+. The tetraoxopyridinate anions and the complex cations are hydrogen-bonded through the coordinated and crystallization water molecules as well as through the O atoms of the organic anion. The thermolysis of complexes I and II was examined by TGA.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kuz’mina, N.E., Koval’chukova, O.V., Strashnova, S.B., et al., Kristallografiya, 2004, vol. 49, no. 5, p. 847.Google Scholar
- 2.Koval’chukova, O.V., Kuz’mina, N.E., Palkina, K.K., et al., Russ. J. Inorg. Chem., 2003, no. 2, p. 194.Google Scholar
- 5.Koval’chukova, O.V., Strashnova, S.B., Zaitsev, B.E., et al., RF Patent 2152386, Byull. Izobret., 2000, no. 19.Google Scholar
- 6.Palkina, K.K., Kuz’mina, N.E., Koval’chukova, O.V., et al., Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2000, vol. 370, no. 5, p. 361.Google Scholar
- 7.Sheldrick, G.M., SHELXS-97. Program for the Solution of Crystal Structures, Göttingen (Germany): Univ. of Göttingen, 1997.Google Scholar