Quantitative determination of flavonoid content in the aerial part of Baical scullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi)
- 144 Downloads
A spectrophotometric procedure for the quantitative determination of flavonoid content in scutellarin and luteolin-7-glycoside equivalents in the aerial part of Baical scullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi, Lamiaceae) has been developed. The relative error of the procedures developed is not higher than 4%. The flavonoid content in plant samples from Chita oblast (Russia) was found to be equivalent to 8.24–27.88 % of scutellarin, and to 2.18–6.63% of luteolin-7-glycoside; the total flavonoid content ranged between 10.81 and 33.65%.
KeywordsScutellaria baicalensis Georgi flavonoids spectrophotometry scutellarin luteolin-7-glycoside
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kutsyk, A.V., Sereda, A.V., Popova, T.P., Rybachenko, A.I., and Litvinenko, V.I., Farmakom, 1998, no. 2, pp. 18–20.Google Scholar
- 2.Olennikov, D.N., Chirikova, N.K., and Tankhaeva, L.M., Khim. Rastit. Syr’ya, 2009, no. 4, pp. 89–98.Google Scholar
- 3.Malikov, V.M. and Yuldashev, M.P., Khim. Prir. Soedin., 2002, no. 5, pp. 385–409.Google Scholar
- 4.Gosudarstvennaya farmakopeya SSSR (State Pharmacopoeia of the USSR), XI ed., Moscow, 1987, p. 334.Google Scholar
- 5.Aleksandrov, Yu.I. and Belyakov, V.I., Zh. Anal. Khim., 2002, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 118–129.Google Scholar
- 6.Derffel’, K., Statistika v analiticheskoi khimii (Statistics in Analytical Chemistry), Moscow, 1994.Google Scholar