Synthesis and biological activity of aryl S-β-glycosides of 1-thio-N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine
- First Online:
Phenyl, p-tolyl, and p-tert-butylphenyl β-1-thio-N-acetylglucosaminides were synthesized by the treatment of thiophenols with peracetate of α-D-glucosaminyl chloride in the presence of triethylamine or under the conditions of phase-transfer catalysis with quaternary ammonium salts. The compounds synthesized were used for obtaining of glycosides of 4,6-O-isopropylidene-N-acetylmuramic acid, which were coupled with L-Ala-D-Glu(NH2)-OBzl and then deprotected to obtain the target aryl β-thioglycosides of N-acetylmuramyl-L-analyl-D-isoglutamine (MDP). The aryl β-thioglycosides of MDP were found to stimulate an antibacterial resistance toward Staphylococcus aureus in mice. The reliable induction of the spontaneous activity of natural killers in the population of blood mononuclear cells was observed only for phenyl β-thio-MDP at a dose of 200 µg/ml.
Key wordsglycopeptides antibacterial resistance aryl thioglycosides cytotoxicity glycosides muramyl dipeptide
N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine (muramyl dipeptide)
mononuclear blood cells
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zemlyakov, A.E., Tsikalov, V.V., Kalyuzhin, O.V., Kur’yanov, V.O., and Chirva V.Ya., Bioorg. Khim., 2003, vol. 29, pp. 316–322; Rus. J. Bioorg. Chem., 2003, vol. 29, pp. 286–292.Google Scholar
- 2.Karaulov, A.V., Kalyuzhin, O.V., and Zemlyakov, A.E., Ross. Bioterapevt. Zh., 2002, vol. 1, pp. 35–39.Google Scholar
- 3.Zemlyakov, A.E., Tsikalova, V.N., Tsikalov, V.V., Chirva, V.Ya., Mulik, E.L., and Kalyuzhin, O.V., Bioorg. Khim., 2005, vol. 31, pp. 637–644; Rus. J. Bioorg. Chem., 2005, vol. 31, pp. 576–582.Google Scholar
- 5.Ishida, H., Kigawa, K., Kitagawa, M., Kiso, M., Hasegawa, A., and Azuma, I., Agric. Biol. Chem., 1991, vol. 55, pp. 585–587.Google Scholar
- 6.Zemlyakov, A.E., Tsikalova, V.N., Tsikalov, V.V., and Chirva, V.Ya., Zh. Inst. Farm. Khim., 2003, vol. 2, pp. 17–20.Google Scholar
- 8.Kur’yanov, V.O., Chupakhina, T.A., Zemlyakov, A.E., Kotlyar, S.A., Kamalob, G.L., and Chirva, V.Ya., Bioorg. Khim., 2001, vol. 27, pp. 434–438; Rus. J. Bioorg. Chem., 2001, vol. 27, pp. 385–389.Google Scholar
- 9.US Patent 5874548, 1999 (httr://patft.usrto.gov/netahtml/searsh-bool.html).
- 11.Kalyuzhin, O.V., Mulik, E.L., Sergeev, V.V., Kalina, N.G., Elkina, S.I., Kalyuzhina, M.I., Kuzovlev, F.N., and Karaulov, A.V., Immunopathologiya, Allergologiya, Infektologiya, 2000, no. 4, pp. 73–77.Google Scholar
- 12.Khaitov, R.M., Gushchin, I.S., Pinegin, B.F., and Zebrev, A.I., Rukovodstvo po eksperimental’nomu (doklinicheskomu) izucheniya novykh farmakologicheskikh veshchestv (Handbook on the Experimental (Preclinical) Study of New Pharmacological Substances), Moscow: IIA Remedium, 2000, p. 257–263.Google Scholar
- 13.Zemluakov, A.E., Tsikalova, V.N., Tsikalov, V.V., Chirva, V.Ya., Mulik, E.L., Kuzovlev, F.N., Kalyuzhin, O.V., and Kiselevsky, M.V., Bioorg. Khim., 2008, vol. 34, pp. 114–120, Rus. J. Bioorg. Chem., 2008, vol. 34.Google Scholar