Peptide fragment 66–77 of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 and its retro-enantio analogue inhibit the migration of cells in vitro and in vivo
- 20 Downloads
The retro-enantio-analogue of peptide 66–77 of the chemokine MCP-1 and two hexapeptide fragments 66–71 and 72–77 of the C-terminal sequence of this protein were synthesized using the Fmoc strategy of solid phase peptide synthesis. The effect of the synthetic peptides upon the MCP-1-stimulated migration of THP-1 mononuclear cells was studied in vitro. The activity of the retro-enantio analogue was found to be comparable with that of the initial peptide 66–77: both peptides inhibit the migration of monocytes and granulocytes into inflammation zones of experimental animals.
Key wordsMCP-1-stimulated cell migration monocyte monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) solid phase peptide synthesis synthetic peptides transpeptidation
- MALDI MS
matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization mass spectrometry
monocyte chemoattractant protein 1
solid phase peptide synthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Sidorova, M.V., Molokoedov, A.S., Aref’eva, T.I., Kukhtina, N.B., Krasnikova, T.L., Bespalova, Zh.D., and Bushuev, V.N., Russ. J. Bioorg. Chem., 2004, vol. 30, pp. 523–533.Google Scholar
- 7.Krasnikova, T.L., Sidorova, M.V., Molokoedov, A.S., Aref’eva, T.I., Kukhtina, N.B., Melekhov, M.G., and Bespalova, Zh.D., Abstracts of Papers, II Russian Symp. on Chemistry and Biology of Peptides, St. Petersburg, 2005, p. 75.Google Scholar
- 8.Barany, G. and Merrifield, R.B., in The Peptides: Analysis, Synthesis and Biology. Vol. 2, Gross, E. and Meienhofer, J., Eds., New York: Academic, 1980, pp. 1–284.Google Scholar
- 9.Lauer, J.L., Fields, C.G., and Fields, G.B., Lett. Peptide Sci., 1994, vol. 1, pp. 197–205.Google Scholar
- 10.Sidorova, M.V., Molokoedov, A.S., Az’muko, A.A., Kudryavtseva, E.V., Krauze, E., Ovchinnikov, M.V., and Bespalova, Zh.D., Russ. J. Bioorg. Chem., 2004, vol. 30, pp. 101–110.Google Scholar
- 13.Geratz, D.J., Pryzwansky, K.B., Schwab, J.H., Anderle, S.K., and Tidwell, R.R., Am. J. Pathol., 1993, vol. 142, pp. 1227–1237.Google Scholar
- 14.Olson, T.S. and Ley, K., Am. J. Physiol., 2002, vol. 283.Google Scholar