Kinetics of Pu(VI) Reduction with Diformylhydrazine in Nitric Acid
- 7 Downloads
The kinetics of the Pu(VI) reduction with diformylhydrazine in a nitric acid medium was studied by spectrophotometry. The reaction rate increases with an increase in the reductant concentration and temperature and decreases with an increase in the HNO3 concentration. The reaction order with respect to Pu, diformylhydrazine, and HNO3 is 1, 1.3, and–1.5, respectively. The activation energy of the reaction is 86.9 kJ mol–1.
Keywordsplutonium(VI) reduction diformylhydrazine kinetics nitric acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Dvoeglazov, K.N., Logunov, M.V., Podrezova, L.N., et al., Abstracts of Papers, Sed’maya Rossiiskaya konferentsiya po radiokhimii “Radiokhimiya-2012” (Seventh Russian Conf. on Radiochemistry “Radiochemistry-2012”), Dimitrovgrad, Oct. 15–19, 2012, Dimitrovgrad: VDV PAK, 2012, p. 122.Google Scholar
- 6.Dvoeglazov, K.N., Pavlyukevich, E.Yu., and Mitrikas, P.V., Radiochemistry, 2018, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 581–587.Google Scholar
- 7.Rovnyi, S.I., Tarakanov, V.M., and Nedelina, L.V., Atlas spektrov plutoniya: Spravochnoe posobie (Atlas of Plutonium Spectra: Handbook), Ozersk: VRB, 2004.Google Scholar
- 9.Dvoeglazov, K.N., Volk, V.I., Alekseenko, V.N., et al., Abstracts of Papers, ATALANTE 2012: Nuclear Chemistry for Sustainable Fuel Cycles, Montpellier (France), Sept 2–7, 2012, p. 213.Google Scholar
- 10.Koltunov, V.S. and Mikhailova, N.A., Radiokhimiya, 1977, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 342–348.Google Scholar
- 12.Dvoeglazov, K., Alekseenko, V., Marchenko, V., et al., Abstracts of Papers, 17th Radiochemical Conf., Marianske Lazne (Czech Republic), May 11–16, 2014, p. 201.Google Scholar
- 13.Baranov, S.M. and Koltunov, V.S., Radiokhimiya, 1991, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 58–66.Google Scholar