New Compounds of Some Trivalent Lanthanides and Actinides with Furancarboxylic Acid. Synthesis, Structure, and Absorption Spectra of the Complexes [(NH2)3C]2[M(OOCC4H3O)5] (M = La, Ce, Pr, Nd, Tb, Np, Pu, Am)
- 7 Downloads
Eight new compounds of some lanthanides and actinides with furancarboxylate anion were synthesized and studied. Their structure was determined by single crystal X-ray diffraction. All the compounds contain complex anions [M(OOCC4H3O)5]2– in which four of five furancarboxylate anions coordinate the central metal atom in the bidentate fashion via carboxy groups, whereas the fifth anion is bonded to the metal atom only via one O atom of the carboxy group. In all the complexes except the Tb compound the ether oxygen atom of the fifth furancarboxylate anion is also bonded to the metal atom; i.e., a five-membered chelate ring (МОССО) is formed. Such bond is not formed in the Tb compound. Thus, the coordination number of the central atom is 9 in the Tb compound and 10 in the other complexes.
Keywordslanthanides actinides complexes with furancarboxylate anions IR spectra crystal structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 12.Melnic, S., Prodius, D., Shova, S., et al., Chem. J. Moldova, 2009, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 60–67.Google Scholar
- 14.APEX2, Madison, Wisconsin (USA): Bruker AXS, 2007.Google Scholar
- 15.SAINT-Plus, version 6.01, Madison, Wisconsin (USA): Bruker AXS, 1998.Google Scholar
- 16.Sheldrick, G.M., SADABS, Madison, Wisconsin (USA): Bruker AXS, 2004.Google Scholar
- 17.Sheldrick, G.M., SHELXS97 and SHELXL97, Germany: Univ. of Göttingen, 1997.Google Scholar
- 21.Uma, B., Das, S.J., Krishnan, S., and Baaz, B.M., J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 2011, vol. 406, pp. 2834–2839.Google Scholar
- 22.Chakraborty, D. and Manogaran, S., Indian J. Chem. A, 1994, vol. 33, pp. 969–977.Google Scholar
- 29.Volkov, S.V. and Yatsimirskii, K.B., Spektroskopiya rasplavlennykh solei (Spectroscopy of Molten Salts), Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1977, pp. 126–133.Google Scholar
- 32.Silva, R.J. and Nitsche, H., Radiochim. Acta, 1995, vols. 70–71, pp. 377–396.Google Scholar