Partially ordered organic-inorganic nanocomposites in the system UO2SeO4-H2O-NH3(CH2)9NH3
- 23 Downloads
The compound [NH3(CH2)9NH3]2[(UO2)3(SeO4)5(H2O)2](H2O)x (1) was prepared by isothermal evaporation from aqueous uranyl selenate solutions containing 1,9-diaminononane. A structural study showed that the compound is a partially ordered organic-inorganic nanocomposite. The structural model of the inorganic complex was determined by single crystal X-ray diffraction a = 19.5572(5), c = 47.878(2) Å, V= 15859.1(9) Å3, Z= 12; R1 = 0.1318, wR2 = 0.3186 for 2808 reflections with |Fo| ≥ 4σF). The structure consists of double hydrogen-bonded [(UO2)3(SeO4)5(H2O)2]2- layers parallel to the (001) plane. The disordered protonated 1,9-diaminononane molecules and water molecules are arranged between the layers. The inorganic layered complex [(UO2)3(SeO4)5(H2O)2]2- belongs to a new type that was not observed previously in the structures of inorganic and organometallic compounds.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ozin, G. A. and Arsenault, A.C., Nanochemistry: A Chemical Approach to Nanomaterials, London: Royal Society of Chemistry, 2008.Google Scholar
- 3.Krivovichev, S.V., Tananaev, I.G., and Myasoedov, B.F., Mater. Res. Soc. Proc., 2006, vol. 893, p. 0893-JJ09–05.Google Scholar
- 5.Krivovichev, S.V., Tananaev, I.G., and Myasoedov, B.F., C. R. Acad. Sci Paris, Chim., 2007, vol. 10, pp. 897–904.Google Scholar
- 6.Gurzhiy, V.V., Krivovichev, S.V., Burns, P.C., et al., Radiokhimiya, 2010, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 3–7.Google Scholar
- 8.Krivovichev, S.V., Tananaev, I.G., Kahlenberg, V., et al., Radiokhimiya, 2005, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 481–491.Google Scholar
- 10.Sheldrick, G.M., SHELXL-97. Program for the Refinement of Crystal Structures, Univ. Göttingen (Germany), 1997.Google Scholar
- 13.Guinier, A., X-ray Crystallographic Technology, London: Hilger and Watts, 1952.Google Scholar
- 14.Welberry, T.R., Diffuse X-ray Scattering and Models of Disorder, Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 2004.Google Scholar
- 15.Alekseev, E.V., Krivovichev, S.V., and Depmeier, W., Radiokhimiya, 2008, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 385–388.Google Scholar
- 16.Krivovichev, S.V., Structural Crystallography of Inorganic Oxysalts, Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 2008.Google Scholar