Artificial Dissipation Coefficients in Regularized Equations of Supersonic Aerodynamics
- 2 Downloads
A method for introducing artificial dissipation coefficients into a numerical algorithm based on the quasi-gasdynamic system of equations is proposed. The method applies to aerodynamic flows with large Mach and Reynolds numbers. Simulation results for the supersonic flow over the X-43 aircraft are presented as an illustration. The pressure distribution over the aircraft surface is obtained, which can be used to calculate the aerodynamic characteristics of X-43.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. N. Chetverushkin, Kinetic Schemes and Quasi-Gas Dynamic System of Equations (CIMNE, Barcelona, 2008).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. V. Sheretov, Regularized Fluid Dynamic Equations (Tver. Gos. Univ., Tver, 2016) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.G. A. Bird, Molecular Gas Dynamics and the Direct Simulation of Gas Flows (Clarendon, Oxford, 1998).Google Scholar
- 5.R. D. Present, Kinetic Theory of Gases (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1958).Google Scholar
- 7.T. G. Elizarova and I. A. Shirokov, Regularized Equations and Examples of Their Application in Gasdynamic Flow Simulation (MAKS, Moscow, 2017) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.A. L. Zheleznyakova and S. T. Surzhikov, Toward the Creation of a Virtual GLA Model (Inst. Prikl. Mekh. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Moscow, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.K-100 System, Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics RAS, Moscow. https://doi.org/www.kiam.ru/-MVS/resourses/k100.htm.