Dynamics of a Delay Logistic Equation with Diffusion and Coefficients Rapidly Oscillating in Space Variable
- 2 Downloads
The applicability of the averaging principle in the study of the dynamics of a practically important delay logistic equation with diffusion and coefficients rapidly oscillating with respect to the space variable is analyzed. A task of special interest is to address equations with rapid oscillations of the delay coefficient or a quantity characterizing the deviation of the space variable. Bifurcation problems arising in critical cases for the averaged equation are studied. Results concerning the existence, stability, and asymptotic behavior of periodic solutions to the original equation are formulated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Gourley, J. W.-H. So, and J. H. Wu, J. Math. Sci. 124 (4), 5119–5153 (2004). http://www.ams.-org/mathscinet-getitem?mr=21229130. Accessed March 15, 2017. doi 10.1023/B:JOTH.0000047249.39572.6dMathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Yu. S. Kolesov, V. S. Kolesov, and I. I. Fedik, Self-Exciting Oscillations in Distributed-Parameter Systems (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Akhmanov and M. A. Vorontsov, “Instabilities and structures in coherent nonlinear optical systems,” Nonlinear Waves: Dynamics and Evolution: Collected Research Papers (Nauka, Moscow, 1989), pp. 228–238 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.E. Shchepakina, V. Sobolev, and M. P. Mortell, Singular Perturbations: Introduction to System Order Reduction Methods with Applications (Cham, Springer, 2014). doi 10.1007/978-3-319-09570-7. https://mathscinet.ams.org/mathscinet-getitem?mr=3241311. Accessed April 4, 2018.CrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 14.E. V. Grigorieva and S. A. Kashchenko, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena 291, 1–7 (2015). http://www.-=ams.org/mathscinet-getitem?mr=3280714. Accessed January 25, 2017. doi 10.1016/j.physd.2014.10.002MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar