On the estimation of the execution frequency of sequential program code snippets
- 45 Downloads
Formulas that make it possible to obtain guaranteed interval estimates of the execution frequency of code snippets of the sequential program are given based on asymptotic approximations obtained using the probability theory’s limit theorems. The selection method of appropriate approximation is described based on current estimates of the approximation accuracy of the binomial distribution by normal and Poisson distributions.
KeywordsLarus System Science International Sequential Program Linear Section Control Flow Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Shalimov, “A method of determining the execution frequency of program basic blocks,” Modelir. Anal. Inform. Sist. 17 (2), 122–132 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.B. P. Pal’chun, “Method of software reliability testing,” in Functional Stability of Special Software of Automatic Systems (Moscow, 1989), pp. 111–117 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.E. I. Parnov, On the Cross of Infinities (Atomizdat Moscow, 1967) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.R. L. Smelianski and T. Alanko, “On the calculation of control transition probabilities in a program,” Inform. Proces. Lett., No. 3 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.R. L. Smelyanskii, D. E. Gur’ev, and A. G. Bakhmurov, “On one mathematical model for program dynamical parameters calculation,” Programmirovanie, No. 6 (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Shalimov and R. Smeliansky, “Program compaction for real-time applications,” in Proceedings of EUCAS Symposium (St.-Petersburg, 2013), pp. 479–496.Google Scholar
- 10.V. Yu. Korolev, Doctoral (Phys. Math.) Dissertation (Moscow State Univ. Moscow, 1994).Google Scholar
- 11.V. Yu. Korolev and I. A. Sokolov, Principles of Mathematical Theory of Modified System Reliability (IPI RAN Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.S. Nagaev, V. Chebotarev, and K. Mikhailov, “On the Gaussian asymptotics of the binomial distributions,” in Proceedings of the 30th International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models, Svetlogorsk, Russia, Sept. 24–30, 2012, pp 54–56.Google Scholar
- 14.I. G. Shevtsova, “On the absolute constants in the Berry-Esseen inequality and its structural and nonuniform improvements,” Inform. Primen. 7 (1), 124–125 (2013).Google Scholar
- 15.L. N. Bol’shev and N. V. Smirnov, Tables of Mathematical Statistics (Nauka Moscow, 1965) [in Russian].Google Scholar