On optimal spacecraft damping
The problem of spacecraft damping (damping of initial angular velocity to zero) for a minimal time is studied. Two variants of formulation of the optimization problem are considered; these variants differ in the form of constraints on the control torque. Analytical solution to the formulated problem is obtained in the closed form and numerical expressions for synthesis of optimal angular velocity control program are given. Similar problem of time-optimal angular acceleration of the spacecraft to the given value is also solved. Procedure for determination of the control torque at the initial time instant for the problem of acceleration of the spacecraft to the required angular velocity is presented. Numerical example of solution of the problems of buildup and damping of spacecraft rotation velocity for a minimal time is given.
KeywordsTorque Angular Momentum Angular Velocity Optimal Control Problem System Science International
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. B. Alekseev and G. G. Bebenin, Spacecraft Control (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1974).Google Scholar
- 2.N. E. Zubov, “Optimal Control of Terminal Re-Orientation of a Spacecraft Based on the Algorithm with a Predictive Model”, Kosm. Issled., 29(3) (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Krasovskii, Automatic Flight Control Systems and Their Analytical Design (Nauka, Moscow, 1973).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Van’kov, “Adaptive Robust Control of Angular Motion of a Spacecraft Using Predictive Models”, Kosm. Issled., 32(4–5) (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.B. V. Raushenbakh and E. N. Tokar’, Attitude Control of Orientation of Spacecraft (Nauka, Moscow, 1974).Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Branets and I. P. Shmuglevskii, Application of Quaternions in Problems of Orientation of a Solid Body (Nauka, Moscow, 1973).Google Scholar
- 7.M. V. Levskii, “Pontryagin’s Maximum Principle in Optimal Control Problems of Orientation of a Spacecraft”, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Teor. Sist. Upr., No. 6 (2008) [Comp. Syst. Sci. 47 (6), 974–986 (2008)].Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Golubev and V. N. Demidov, “Optimal Control Law in Rotation Damping,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekhanika Tverdogo Tela, No. 2 (1986).Google Scholar
- 11.N. N. Moiseev, Numerical Methods in Optimal Systems Theory (Nauka, Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.M. Yu. Belyaev, Scientific Experiments on Spacecraft and Orbital Stations (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.V. I. Vetlov, S. M. Novichkova, V. V. Sazonov, et al., “Regime of Biaxial Satellite Rotation in Orbit Plane,” Kosm. Issl. 38(6) (2000).Google Scholar