Optimal rotation deceleration of a dynamically asymmetric body in a resistant medium
- 28 Downloads
A minimum-time problem on deceleration of rotation of a free body is studied. The body is subject to a retarding torque of viscous friction. The body is assumed to be dynamically asymmetric. An optimal control law for deceleration of rotation of the body is synthesized, and the corresponding time and phase trajectories are determined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. D. Akulenko, D. D. Leshchenko, and F. L. Chernous’ko, “Fast Rotation about a Fixed Point of a Heavy Solid Body in a Resisting Media,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 3 (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Koshlyakov, Problems of Solid Body Dynamics and Applied Gyroscope Theory. Analytical Methods (Nauka, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.E. D. Raus, Dynamics of a System of Solid Bodies (Nauka, Moscow, 1983), Vol. 2 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.M. Athans and P. L. Falb, Optimal Control: An Introduction to the Theory and Its Applications (McGraw-Hill, 1966; Energiya, Moscow, 1968).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Letov, Flight Dynamics and Control (Nauka, Moscow, 1969) [in Russian].Google Scholar