Model order reduction for large LTI control systems
An overview of model-order-reduction methods for descriptor control system is presented, with the emphasis on the Krylov-subspace-based methods. We used two standard benchmark descriptor problems for an empirical comparison of the methods. The results indicate that the methods perform differently, depending on whether they are used on generalized control systems or on standard control systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Chahlaoui and P. Van Dooren, “A Collection of Benchmark Examples for Model Reduction of Linear Time Invariant Dynamical Systems,” SLICOT Working Note, 2002-2 (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.D. V. Balandin and I. A. Fedotov, “LMI-Based Synthesis of Dynamic Vibration Dampers,” J. Computer and Systems Sciences International 48(3) (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Kuzmenko, “Nonlinear Adaptive Control of a Turbogenerator,” J. Computer and Systems Sciences International 46(5) (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Kiselev, “An Algorithm of an Aircraft Turn Executed with Maximum Angular Velocity,” J. Computer and Systems Sciences International 47(1) (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.A. C. Antoulas, D. C. Sorenson, and S. Gugercin, “A Survey of Model Reduction Methods for Large-Scale Systems,” Contemporary Mathematic 280, 193–219 (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Krylov, “On the Numerical Solution of the Equation by Which in Technical Questions Frequencies of Small Oscillations of Material Systems Are Determined,” Izvestija AN SSSR. Mat. 7(4), 491–539 (1931).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Gugercin and A. C. Antoulas, “A Comparative Study of 7 Algorithms for Model Reduction,” in Proceedings of 39th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, Sydney, Australia, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Odabasioglu and M. Celik, “PRIMA: Passive Reduced-Order Interconnect Macromodeling Algorithm,” IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems 17(8) (1998).Google Scholar
- 11.T. Reis and T. Stykel, “A Survey on Model Reduction of Coupled Systems,” Model Order Reduction: Theory, Research Aspects, and Applications (2008).Google Scholar
- 12.E. J. Grimme, Krylov projection methods for model reduction, PhD thesis, Illinois (1997).Google Scholar
- 13.L. T. Pillage and R. A. Rohrer, “Asymptotic Waveform Evaluation for Timing Analysis,” IEEE. Trans. Computer-Aided Design 9(4) (1990).Google Scholar