Assessment of soil flooding in cities by electrophysical methods
The degree and localization of soil flooding have been assessed in the cities of Rostov Velikii and Astrakhan by the vertical electric sounding method. It has been proved that this method permits one to reliably reveal strongly excessively moistened (flooded) soils and to discover the groundwater level using measurements from the surface without digging profiles and boring drill holes.
KeywordsGroundwater Level EURASIAN Soil Science Vertical Electric Sound Urban Condition Soil Flooding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Vladychenskii, Agricultural Reclamation of Soils (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.M. I. Gerasimova, M. N. Stroganova, N. V. Mozharova, and T. V. Prokof’eva, Anthropogenic Soils: Genesis, Geography, and Remediation (Oecumena, Smolensk, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Classification and Diagnostics of Russian Soils (Oekumena, Smolensk, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Pozdnyakov and Ch. G. Gyulalyev, Electrophysical Properties of Some Soils (Adil’ogly, Baku, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Pozdnyakov, L. A. Pozdnyakova, and A. D. Pozdnyakova, Constant Electric Fields in Soils (Scientific, Moscow, 1996) [in Russian].Google Scholar