Designing a Beam-Plasma Traveling Wave Tube
- 10 Downloads
The method of equivalent systems is used to simulate resonator slow-wave structures of beam-plasma devices. A collisionless plasma is considered as a filler for the drift channel. The adequacy of the model is shown by comparing the calculation results with known experimental data. The dispersion characteristics of slow-wave systems are analyzed. The structure of the high-frequency unit of a beam-plasma traveling wave tube is developed, and the parameters of the tube are evaluated using the VEGA code.
The article was prepared within the program “Science Foundation of the National Research University Higher School of Economics” (no. 19-04-005) in 2019–2020 and the program “5-100” for the state support of the leading universities of the Russian Federation.
- 1.Yu. V. Tkach, Ya. B. Fainberg, N. P. Gadetskii, et al., Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 23, 1902 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.Ya. B. Fainberg, Yu. P. Bliokh, E. A. Kornilov, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk USSR, Ser. A: Fiz.-Mat. i Tekh. Nauki, No. 11, 55 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Mukhin, V. Panov, and V. Solntsev, in Proc. 2nd IEEE Int. Vacuum Electronics Conf. (IVEC 2001), Noordwijk, Apr. 2–4, 2001 (IEEE, New York, 2001).Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Mukhin, Zh. Radioelektron., No. 12 (2002). http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/dec02/4/text.html.Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Mukhin, V. A. Solntsev, O. E. Lomakin, and A. R. Glushkov, Lectures on Microelectronics and Radiophysics, 8th Winter Workshop of Engineers (Saratov. Gos. Univ., Saratov, 1989), Vol. 1, p. 69.Google Scholar
- 7.R. A. Silin and V. P. Sazonov, Slow-Wave Systems (Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow, 1966) [in Russian]Google Scholar
- 8.L. D. Gol’dshtein and N. V. Zernov, Electromagnetic Waves (Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].Google Scholar