Performance Enhancement of Multi-Antenna Relay Link in LTE Het-Net
- 11 Downloads
In this paper, the relay link performance for an Amplify and Forward (AF) multi-antenna relay based heterogeneous LTE (Long Term Evolution) network is enhanced with two novel techniques, the Golden codes and Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) based Constellation Combiner (ECC). The performance evaluation of the proposed co-operative LTE Het-Net is done in a real time indoor environment using Wireless open Access Research Platform (WARP). The proposed techniques for the LTE Het-Net are compared with traditional Alamouti Scheme with Maximal Ratio Combing (MRC). From the obtained results it is seen that the LTE network with proposed techniques gives a 12% improvement in EVM than the conventional LTE network.
Keywords:LTE Relay Network Golden Code EVM ECC MRC and WARP
This work is funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India for supporting the work under the scheme of “FAST TRACK SCHEME FOR YOUNG SCIENTIST” under the grant number SR/FTP/ETA-92/2011.
- 4.Serdar Sezginer and Hikmet Sari, “A full-rate full-diversity 2 × 2 space-time code for mobile WiMAX systems, " in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Signal Processing and Communications (ICSPC), 2007 (IEEE, New York, 2007).Google Scholar
- 5.R. K. Mugelan, S. Moinuddin Bokhari, and M. A. Bhagyaveni, “EVM based constellation combiner (ECC) for co-operative relay network,” IEEE Commun. Letters, November 2015. doi 10.1109/LCOMM.2015.2504374Google Scholar
- 7.http://warpproject.org.Google Scholar
- 8.C. F. Caiafa, N. R. Barraza, and A. N. Proto, “Maximum Likelihood Decoding on a Communication Channel”, in XI Reuni on de Trabajo en Procesamiento de la Informacion y Control,16 al 18 de octubre de 2007.Google Scholar
- 9.Data sheet-MAX2828/MAX2829 Single/Dual-Band 802.11a/b/g World-Band Transceiver ICs, pp. 1–39, (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.Hen-Geul Yeh and Hong Seok Seo, “Low complexity demodulator for M-ary QAM,” in IEEE Wireless Telecommun. Symp., April 26–28, 2007 (IEEE, New York, 2007).Google Scholar
- 11.Soonki Jo, Jae-Shin Han, Sugnho Jeon, Jeong-Min Choi and Jong-Soo Seo, “Distributed differential quasi-orthogonal space-time block coded system for multiple-relay networks,” Wireless Personal Commun., 1401–1414, (2016). doi 10.1007/s11277-015-3074-yGoogle Scholar