Impact of the Graded-Gap Layer on the Admittance of MIS Structures Based on MBE-Grown n-Hg1 – xCd x Te (x = 0.22–0.23) with the Al2O3 Insulator
- 4 Downloads
The impact of the presence of the near-surface graded-gap layers with an increased content of CdTe on the admittance of MIS structures based on MBE-grown n-Hg1–xCdxTe (x = 0.22–0.23) with the Al2O3 insulating coating has been experimentally studied. It has been shown that the structures with a gradedgap layer are characterized by a deeper and wider capacitance dip in the low-frequency capacitance–voltage (CV) characteristic and by higher values of the differential resistance of the space-charge region than the structures without such a layer. It has been found that the main features of the hysteresis of capacitance dependences typical of the graded-gap structures with SiO2/Si3N4 are also characteristic of the MIS structures with the Al2O3 insulator. The factors that cause an increase in the CV characteristic hysteresis upon formation of the graded-gap layer in structures with SiO2/Si3N4 or Al2O3 are still debatable, although it may be assumed that oxygen plays a certain role in formation of this hysteresis.
KeywordsMIS structure HgCdTe aluminum oxide graded-gap layer admittance capacitance–voltage characteristic hysteresis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Rogalski, Infrared Detectors (CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, New York, 2011).Google Scholar
- 2.P. Capper and J. Garland, Mercury Cadmium Telluride: Growth, Properties and Applications (Wiley, Chichester, 2011).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Ovsyuk, G. L. Kuryshev, and Yu. G. Sidorov, Focal Plane Arrays of Infrared Range (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.E. H. Nicollian and J. R. Brews, MOS (Metal Oxide Semiconductor) Physics and Technology (Wiley-Interscience, New York, 2002).Google Scholar
- 13.D. I. Gorn, S. N. Nesmelov, A. V. Voitsekhovskii, and A. P. Kokhanenko, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz. 51 (9-3), 134 (2008).Google Scholar
- 14.A. V. Voitsekhovskii, S. N. Nesmelov, S. M. Dzyadukh, V. S. Varavin, S. A. Dvoretsky, N. N. Mikhailov, Yu. G. Sidorov, and M. V. Yakushev, Opto-Electron. Rev. 18 (3), 263 (2010).Google Scholar
- 15.R. Fu and J. Pattison, Opt. Eng. 51, 104003-1 (2012).Google Scholar
- 20.A. V. Voitsekhovskii, S. N. Nesmelov, S. M. Dzyadukh, et al., Priklad. Fiz., No. 5, 80 (2011).Google Scholar