Projective-invariant description of a meandering river
- 41 Downloads
How can the projective invariant of the cubic curve approximating the river bed near its meander be calculated? A well-known approach uses the Weierstrass normal form. However, it is important to find this form by means of calculations tolerant to curve representation errors and, in particular, using calculations that do not require computation of tangent lines or inflection points. A new algorithm is proposed for calculation of the projective invariant of the cubic curve. This algorithm can be used to describe river meanders.
Keywordscubic curve Weierstrass normal form projective invariant image description image recognition machine vision algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Belim and P. E. Kutlunin, “Boundary extraction in images using a clustering algorithm,” Comp. Opt. 39, 119–124 (2015). doi 10.18287/0134-2452-2015-39-1- 119-124Google Scholar
- 3.J. M. Burdis, I. A. Kogan, and H. Hong, “Objectimage correspondence for algebraic curves under projections,” Symmetry, Integrability and Geometry: Methods and Appl. 9 (023), 3842 (2013). doi 10.3842/SIGMA.2013.023Google Scholar
- 11.P. P. Nikolayev, “Recognition of projectively transformed flat figures. VIII. On calculation of the ensemble of correspondence of ovals with rotational symmetry,” Sensory Syst. 29 (1), 28–55 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.N. Pritula, D. P. Nikolaev, A. Sheshkus, M. Pritula, and P. P. Nikolaev, “Comparison of two algorithms modifications of projective-invariant recognition of the plane boundaries with the one concavity,” in Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on Machine Vision (ICMV 2014), Milan, Italy, Nov. 19–21, 2014, Eds. A. Verikas, B. Vuksanovic, P. Radeva, J. Zhou; Proc. SPIE,9445, 944508 (2015). doi 10.1117/12.2181215CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.V. R. Kulikov and V. A. Stepanenko, “On solutions and Waring’s formulas for systems of n algebraic equations of n unknowns,” Algebra i Analiz 26, 200–214 (2014); St. Petersburg Math. J. 26, 839–848 (2015).: doi 10.1090/spmj/1361Google Scholar
- 19.V. V. Prasolov and V. M. Tikhomirov, Geometry (MTsNMO, Moscow, 1997; Am. Math. Soc. 2001).Google Scholar
- 24.A. L. Kheifets, “Geometrical accuracy of computer algorithms for constructive problems,” in Problems of the quality of the graphic education of students in a technical college: traditions and innovations (2016). http://dgng.pstu.ru/conf2016/papers/74/.Google Scholar