Thin bandpass filters containing sections of symmetric strip transmission line
- 48 Downloads
Thin (1-mm thick or thinner) combline bandpass filters based on sections of symmetric strip transmission lines and containing closely spaced (0.1–0.2 mm apart) stepped-impedance resonators are described. It has been found that, if these filters are made on high-permittivity ceramic substrates, their dimensions prove to be smaller than the dimensions of other ceramic-based filters. Various frequency characteristics of these filters—symmetric, with increased one-sided selectivity, and with a constant delay time—have been analyzed. The experimental results obtained for a 1-mm-thick bandpass filter with ɛr = 9.7 are in good agreement with the computer-simulation data.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.T. Ishizaki, T. Uwano, H. Kagata, et al., Microwave J., No. 10, 106 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.Handbook of Calculation and Design of Microwave Strip-line Devices, Ed. by V. I. Vol’man (Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.Handbook of Stripline Components, Ed. by A. L. Fel’dshtein (Svyaz’, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.B. A. Belyaev and A. M. Serzhantov, J. Commun. Technol. Electron. 49, 275 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Zakharov, M. E. Il’chenko, V. Ya. Karnaukh, and L. S. Pinchuk, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radioelektron. 54(3), 56 (2011).Google Scholar
- 12.G. L. Matthaei, L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, Microwave Filters, Impedance-Matching Networks, and Coupling Structures (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1964; Svyaz’, Moscow, 1971).Google Scholar