Multicriteria Steiner tree with the cost of Steiner vertices
- 86 Downloads
The multicriteria problem of constructing the Steiner tree with consideration for the cost of additional Steiner vertices is studied. Formulations of the problems of constructing the covering Steiner trees and algorithmic approaches are described. The engineering formulation of the problem is aimed at constructing a telecommunications network with allowance for the spatial distribution of radio interferences. An approach to solving the formulated milticriterion problem on the basis of combination of two solving schemes is proposed: (1) the basic scheme for constructing a covering Steiner tree on the basis of clustering the vertices of the initial graph and (2) the general scheme for constructing the covering Steiner trees with allowance for the number of additional vertices and calculation of the Pareto-efficient solutions. A module based on the modified Prim’s algorithm for constructing a multicriteria covering tree is additionally used. The vertices of the initial graph are clustered on the basis of a hierarchical algorithm. Examples of a computational experiment on constructing the multicriteria Steiner trees are given.
KeywordsCovering Tree Steiner Point Steiner Tree Problem Initial Graph Steiner Minimal Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. W. Bern and R. L. Graham, “The Shortest Network Problem,” Sci. Am. 3, 64–70 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.X. Cheng and D. Z. Du, Steiner Trees in Industry (Kluwer, Dordrecht, 2001).Google Scholar
- 9.M. R. Garey and D. S. Johnson, Computers and Intractaility. The Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness (W.H. Freeman & Co., New York, 1979).Google Scholar
- 13.B. Hendrickson, and R. Leland, A Multilevel Algorithm for Partitioning Graphs. Technical Report SAND93-1301 (Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM, 1993).Google Scholar
- 17.A. Kapsalis, V. J. Rayward-Smith, and G. D. Smith, “Solving the Graphical Steiner Tree Problem Using Genetic Algorithm,” J. of ORS 44, 978–981 (1993).Google Scholar
- 19.B. N. Khoury, and P. M. Pardalos, “An Exact Branch and Bound Algorithm for the Steiner Problem in Graph,” in Computing in Combinatorics (Springer-Verlag, LNCS 959, 1995), pp. 582–590.Google Scholar
- 24.M. Sh. Levin, Combinatoral Engineering of Decomposable Systems (Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1998).Google Scholar
- 25.M. Sh. Levin, “Course ’system Design: Structural Approach’”, in Proc. of 18th Int. Conf. on Design Theory and Methoogy (DTM 2006), Pennsylvania, 2006, DETC2006-99547, pp. 475–484.Google Scholar
- 26.M. Sh. Levin, “On Teaching the System Engineering,” Inf. Tekhn. Vychisl. Sist., No. 2, 89–94 (2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 27.M. Sh. Levin, “Towards Hierarchical Clustering,” in Proc. Symp. on Computer Science in Russia (CSR 2007), Ekaterinburg, Russia, Sept. 3–7, 2007 (Springer-Verlag, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4649, 2007), pp. 205–215.Google Scholar
- 28.M. Sh. Levin, “Student Research Projects in System Design,” in Proc. 1st Int. Conf. on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU), Lisbon, 2009, (INSTICC, Lisbon, 2009), pp. 291–295.Google Scholar
- 30.M. Sh. Levin, “Course on System Design (Structural Approach),” Inf. Process. 10, 303–324 (2010).Google Scholar
- 31.M. Sh. Levin, “Restructuring in Combinatorial Optimization,” Electronic Preprint arXiv: 1102.1745vl [cs.DS], 11 pp., Febr. 8, 2011; http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.1745.
- 32.M. Sh. Levin and A. A. Mikhailov, “Fragments of the Technology of Stratification of a Set of Objects,” Preprint, No. 1, ISA RAN (ISA, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 33.M. Sh. Levin and A. V. Safonov, “Heuristic Algorithm for Multicriterion Multiple Choice Knapsack Problem” Iskusstv. Intellekt Prinyatie Reshenii, No. 4, 53–64 (2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 35.M. Sh. Levin and A. A. Zamkovoy, “Multicriteria Steiner Tree with Consideration for Taking into Account the Cost of Vertices,” in Proc. 10th Int. Conf. CAD/CAM/PDM-2010, Moscow, 2010 (IPU RAN, Moscow, 2010), pp. 52–57 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 38.Z. A. Melzak, “On the Problem of Steiner,” Can. Math. Bull., No. 4, 143–148 (1961).Google Scholar
- 42.V. Yu. Protasov, Minima and Maxima in Geometry (Lib.’ Mathematical Education’, Moscow, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 46.D. M. Warme, P. Winter, and M. Zachariasen, “Exact Algorithms for Plane Steiner Tree Problems: A Computational Study,” in Advances in Steine Trees, Ed. by D.-Z. Du, J. MacGregor Smith, and J. H. Rubinstein (Kluwer, Dordrecht, 2000), pp. 81–116.Google Scholar