Models of fast water flow and ground movement
Mathematical models of water flow (flows of fast and e-fast water), which can be used for describing the overland flow, are proposed. Properties of these models are studied, and the equation for the motion of the water-ground interface is derived. A model is proposed for the joint motion of ground with water, which is applied to revealing the qualitative picture of soil erosion caused by the overland flow. Examples and results of numerical modeling of the process of overland flow and development of erosion are presented. This study is the basis for the technology of estimating the erosion danger in the GeoTime network geoinformation system, http://www.geo.iitp.ru/geotime/ (Section “Ruza”).
KeywordsSoliton Ground Motion Water Flow Soil Erosion Overland Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. E. Eglit, Nonstationary Flows in Stream Channels and on Slopes (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.S. L. Kivva and M. I. Zheleznyak, “Numeral Modeling of a Two-dimensional Open Flow,” in Proc. Int. Conf. RDAMM-2001, Novosibirsk, 2001, Vol. 6,Pt. 2, Special Issue, pp. 343–350.Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Gitis, A. P. Vainshtok, A. B. Derendyaev, et al., “Network Geoinformation System for the Analysis of the Geoecological Situation of a Urbanized Territory,” in Geoecology of Moscow: Methodology and Methods for Estimation of the State of the Urban Environment (Media-Press, Moscow, 2006), pp. 169–186 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. G. Gitis and B. V. Ermakov, Fundamentals of Space-Time Prediction in Geoinformatics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.P. A. Metrikov, “Geoinformational Analysis and Spce-Time Modeling of the Pollutants Overland Flow and Transport,” in Information Technologies and Systems (Proc. Conf., Zvenigorod, Moscow Reg., Sept. 18–21, 2007) (IPPI RAN, Moscow, 2007), pp. 183–188 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Likhacheva and D. A. Timofeev, Ecological Geomorphology (Dictionary and Handbook) (Media-Press, Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar