Connection of users with a telecommunications network: Multicriteria assignment problem
The problem of connection of users with access points of a wireless telecommunications network is analyzed. An approach is based on the multicriteria assignment problem. A set of criteria involves the maximum bandwidth, the number of simultaneously served users, service reliability requirements, etc. Restrictions on the number of users served by access points and the frequency spectrum width of an access point are discussed. The combinatorial optimization problem employed belongs to the NP-hard class, and its solution is sought via the proposed heuristic methods. The proposed approach is illustrated by a numerical example.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. R. Bartolacci, A. Peltsverger, A. Koal, and S. Peltsverger, “Allocaton of Multiple Wireless Access Points in Mobile Networks,” in Proc. of the 42nd ACM Southeast Regional Conf., Alabama, 2004 (ACM Press, 2004), pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Cela, The Qadratic Assignment Problem (Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1998).Google Scholar
- 6.M. R. Garey and D. S. Johnson, Computers and Intractability. The Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness (Freeman, New York, 1979).Google Scholar
- 7.N. Jayant (Ed.), Broadband Last Mile: Access Technologies for Multimedia Communications (CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, London, 2005).Google Scholar
- 10.H. W. Kuhn, “The Hungarian Method for the Assignment Problems,” Nav. Res Log. 2(1–2), 83–97 (1955).Google Scholar
- 14.M. Sh. Levin, Composite Systems Decisions (Springer, New York, 2006).Google Scholar
- 15.M. Sh. Levin, “Course ’system Design: Structural Approach,” in Proc. 18th Int. Conf. Design Theory and Methodology (DTM), Philadelphia, 2006 (DETC 2006-99547, Philadelphia, 2006), pp. 475–484.Google Scholar
- 16.M. Sh. Levin, “Student Research Projects n System Design,” in Proc. 1 Int. Conf. on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU), Lisbon, Portugal, March 23–26, 2009 (INSTICC Press, 2009), pp. 291–295.Google Scholar
- 18.M. Sh. Levin and A. A. Mikhailov, “Fragments of Technology of Stratification of Multitude Objects,” Preprint (ISA RAN, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.Y. C. Liang and M. H. Lo, “Multi-Objective Redundancy Allocation Optimization Using a Variable Neighborhood Search Algorithm,” J. Heuristics, 2010 (in Press).Google Scholar
- 21.P. Lucie, and D. Teodorovic, “Simulated Annealing for the Multi-Objective Aircrew Rostering Problem,” Transp. Res. 33(1) Part A, 19–45 (1999).Google Scholar
- 24.Quadratic Assignment and Related Problems, Ed. by P. M. Pardalos and H. Wolkowicz, (Am. Math. Soc., 1994).Google Scholar
- 25.M. I. Rubinshtein, Optimum Bunching of Interconnected Objects (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar