Propagation of elastic waves in phononic crystals
- 63 Downloads
Propagation of elastic waves in a system of cylindrical channels embedded in a homogeneous isotropic elastic medium (a phononic crystal) is investigated. A multipole method is proposed for simulation of wave propagation in such structures. The dispersion characteristics of wave propagation in systems consisting of three, six, and seven cylindrical channels are calculated. The results are compared to the data corresponding to wave propagation along a single channel. The computational efficiency of the method and its applicability to simulation of the propagation of elastic waves in large phononic crystals are assessed.
PACS numbers43.35.+d 42.70.Qs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. G. Johnson and J. D. Joannopoulos, Photonic Crystals: Road from Theory to Practice (Kluwer Acad. Publ., Boston, 2002).Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Nikitov, Yu. A. Filimonov, and Ph. Tailhades, Adv. Sci. Technol. 45, 1355 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Nikitov, M. V. Ryabko, and Yu. K. Chamorovskii, Nano-Mikrosistem. Tekhnika, No. 5, 33 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.N. W. Ashcroft and N. D. Mermin, Solid State Physics (Saunders College Publishing, Orlando, 1976).Google Scholar
- 6.Tanaka Yukihiro and Tamura Shin-Ichiro, Phys. Rev. B 60, 294 (1999).Google Scholar
- 7.Feng Liang, Liu Xiao-Ping, Lu Ming-Hui, et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 014301-1 (2006).Google Scholar
- 8.V. G. Veselago, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 92, 517 (1967).Google Scholar
- 13.L. M. Brekhovskikh and O. A. Godin, Acoustics of Stratified Media (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Theory of Elasticity (Nauka, Moscow, 1987; Pergamon, New York, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 18.V. K. Romanko, Course of Differential Equations and Calculus of Variations (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar