Studying the Effect of Doping with Nickel on Silicon-Based Solar Cells with a Deep p–n-Junction
- 15 Downloads
It has been shown that the doping of the front side of a solar cell with a deep-level p–n junction with nickel atoms increases short-circuit current density Jsc by 89% and open-circuit voltage Voc by 19.7%. Additional thermal treatment at 700°C for 1 h increases Jsc by 98.4% and Voc by 13.18%. It is presumed that the IR radiation conversion efficiency grows because nickel atoms form clusters, these being getter centers for uncontrolled recombinant impurities.
Keywords:photocell silicon nickel doping thermal annealing clusters collection coefficient lifetime.
This work was performed within the framework of project no. OT-F2-50 “Development of Scientific Foundations for the Formation of AIIBVI and AIIIBV Unit Cells in a Silicon Lattice—a New Approach in the Synthesis of Promising Materials for Photoenergetics and Photonics.”
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 3.V. P. Afanasev, E. I. Terukov, and A. A. Sherchenkov, Thin-Film Solar Cells Based on Silicon (SPbGETU LETI, St. Petersburg, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.B. I. Boltaks, Diffusion and Point Defects in Semiconductors (Nauka, Leningrad, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.A. S. Astashchenkov, D. I. Brinkevich, and V. V. Petrov, Dokl. BGUIR, No. 8 (38), 37 (2018).Google Scholar
- 11.B. A. Abdurakhmanov, M. K. Bakhadirkhanov, K. S. Ayupov, H. M. Iliyev, E. B. Saitov, A. Mavlyanov, and H. U. Kamalov, Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 4 (2), 23 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.M. K. Bakhadyrkhanov, K. A. Ismailov, B. K. Ismaylov, and Z. M. Saparniyazova, Semicond. Phys., Quantum Electron. Optoelectron. 21, 300 (2018).Google Scholar
- 13.M. K. Bakhadyrhanov, U. X. Sodikov, D. Melibayev, T. Wumaier, S. V. Koveshnikov, K. A. Khodjanepesov, and J. Zhan, J. Mater. Sci. Chem. Eng. 6, 180 (2018).Google Scholar