A Method for Analyzing the Domain Structure in Magnetic Powder Microparticles
- 5 Downloads
A method for analyzing the domain structure in magnetic powder microparticles based on the Mössbauer effect is proposed. This method has been experimentally verified for gadolinium ferrite-garnet (Gd3Fe5O12) powder particles 40 ± 5 μm in diameter in the vicinity of the magnetic compensation point Tcm = 286 K. It is shown that ferrite particles are single-domain near Tcm and pass to the multidomain state while moving away from Tcm.
Keywords:domain structure single-domain particles ferrites magnetic compensation point Mössbauer effect.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.V. V. Sergeev and T. I. Bulygina, Magnetically Hard Materials (Energiya, Moscow, 1980) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Preobrazhenskii and E. G. Bishard, Magnetic Materials and Elements (Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.S. M. Irkaev, R. N. Kuz’min, and A. A. Opalenko, Nuclear Gamma Resonance (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.V. G. Bar’yakhtar and D. A. Yablonskii, Sov. Phys. Solid State 16, 2282 (1974).Google Scholar
- 14.L. I. Rabkin, S. A. Soskin, and B. Sh. Epshtein, Ferrites (Energiya, Leningrad, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar