The Low-Energy State of an Electron Beam in a Coaxial Diode with a Homogeneous Anode and Inhomogeneous Magnetic Field Profile
The possible formation of an extended low-energy state of electron beam in a coaxial diode with homogeneous cylindrical anode and moderate magnetic field with inhomogeneous profile is demonstrated for the first time. It is established that, depending on the magnetic field configuration, virtual cathodes (VCs) of two types can be formed: (i) a stationary VC with a localized reflection plane and (ii) a moving VC with a two-stream low-energy state of the electron beam.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Fedosov, E. A. Litvinov, S. Ya. Belomytsev, and S. P. Bugaev, Russ. Phys. J. 20, 1367 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.M. V. Kuzelev and A. A. Rukhadze, Electrodynamics of Dense Electron Beams in a Plasma (Nauka, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.M. I. Fuks, E. Schamiloglu, A. A. Koronovskii, and S. A. Kurkin, in Proceedings of the 18th International Vacuum Electronics Conference IVEC, London, 2017. doi 10.1109/IVEC.2017.8289558Google Scholar
- 9.V. P. Tarakanov, User’s Manual for Code Karat (BRA, Springfield, 1992).Google Scholar
- 10.CST—Computer Simulation Technology AG, Darmstadt, Germany. www.cst.com.Google Scholar