The Reliability of Revealing Threading Dislocations in Epitaxial Films by Structure-Sensitive Etching
- 9 Downloads
Correspondence between threading dislocations (TDs) in epitaxial films and the etch pits observed upon selective chemical etching of the samples was studied in Ge/Si(001) heterostructures. It is established that the density of TDs revealed in epitaxial films with thicknesses h ≤ 1 μm can be significantly understated because of insufficient resolution of optical microscopy. Recommendations are given that increase the reliability of PD density estimation by means of structure-sensitive etching.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.C. Claeys and E. Simoen, Extended Defects in Germanium: Fundamental and Technological Aspects (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2008).Google Scholar
- 6.M. D. McCluskey and E. E. Haller, Dopants and Defects in Semiconductors (CRC, Boca Raton, FL, 2018).Google Scholar
- 7.K. V. Ravi, Imperfections and Impurities in Semiconductor Silicon (Wiley, New York, 1981).Google Scholar
- 8.R. G. Rhodes and H. K. Henisch, Imperfections and Active Centres in Semiconductors, International Series of Monographs on Semiconductors (Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 2014).Google Scholar
- 9.E. S. Fal’kevich, E. O. Pul’ner, and I. F. Chervonnyi, Technology of Semiconductor Silicon (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1992) [in Russian].Google Scholar