The Effect of Base Thickness on Photoconversion Efficiency in Textured Silicon-Based Solar Cells
- 13 Downloads
A theory is developed, which describes the experimental external quantum efficiency, EQE(λ) as a function of photon wavelength for structured Si-based solar cells. Short-circuit current density as a function of base thickness, d, is calculated for the high-efficiency solar cells with the photoconversion efficiency η ≥ 25% The procedure allows one to carry out a complete optimization of such solar cells, in particular, to find the optimal base thickness, dopt.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. A. Green, Third Generation Photovoltaics. Advanced Solar Energy Conversion (Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg, 2006).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Tohoda, K. Matsuyama, Y. Nakamura, T. Nishiwaki, K. Fujita, M. Taguchi, and E. Maruyama, in Proceedings of the 28th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, Paris, 2013, p. 1846.Google Scholar
- 10.Centre of Excellence for Advanced Silicon Photovoltaics and Photonics, Annual Report (The Austral. Res. Council, Sidney, 2005).Google Scholar
- 13.A. V. Sachenko, V. P. Kostylyov, V. M. Vlasiuk, I. O. Sokolovskyi, and M. Evstigneev, in Proceedings of the 32nd European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, Munich, Germany, 2016, p. 141.Google Scholar
- 15.H. Mäckel and K. Varner, Prog. Photovolt.: Res. Appl. 21, 850 (2013).Google Scholar