Critical electric-field strength for anisotropic spinodal decomposition of water
Threshold values of an electric field for anisotropic spinodal decomposition of water in a supercritical region at T = 670 K and at a low temperature of about 350 K have been calculated. This threshold depends on the second derivative of the dielectric permittivity with respect to density. The dependence of the permittivity of medium on its density was determined by studying fluctuations of the polarization vector in a broad range of densities at the given temperatures. Time series of fluctuations of the polarization vector of ensembles of water molecules were constructed by the method of molecular dynamics.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Large-scale Atomic/Molecular Massively Parallel Simulator. http://lammps.sandia.gov.Google Scholar
- 6.Moltemplate 1.34. http://www.moltemplate.org.Google Scholar
- 7.Information-Computational Center of Novisib. State Univ. http://nusc.nsu.ru/.Google Scholar
- 8.H. J. C. Berendsen, J. R. Grigera, and T. P. Straatsma, J. Phys. Chem. 91, 6269 (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.The IAPWS industrial formulation 1997 for the thermodynamic properties of water and steam, Water/Steam Thermodynamic Surface on the WEBsite of Moscow Power Engineering Institute, Technical University. http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/MCS/Worksheets/ WSP/VTPs.xmcd.Google Scholar