Specifics of electron–ion heat exchange under intense photoexcitation of dielectrics with ultrashort laser pulses
- 32 Downloads
The rate of energy exchange between overheated electrons and the lattice of a dielectric exposed to an ultrashort laser pulse is analyzed in the case of electron scattering by the deformation potential of acoustical phonons and the polarization potential of optical phonons. The temperature and concentration dependences of the emerging heat flux are determined, and analytical approximating expressions are proposed. Estimates for silica are given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Ionin, S. I. Kudryashov, S. V. Makarov, P. N. Saltuganov, L. V. Seleznev, D. V. Sinitsyn, and A. R. Sharipov, JETP Lett. 96, 375 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. Veiko, M. N. Libenson, G. G. Chervyakov, and E. B. Yakovlev, Interaction of Laser Radiation with Matter (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. V. Petrov, N. A. Inogamov, and K. P. Migdal, JETP Lett. 97, 20 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.E. B. Yakovlev and D. S. Polyakov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Priborostroen. 58, 664 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.F. G. Bass and Yu. G. Gurevich, Hot Electrons and Strong Electromagnetic Waves in Semiconductors and Gas Discharge Plasma (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 1975) [in Russian].Google Scholar