On the possibility of oscillatory electrodynamic instability in nematic liquid crystal in a constant inhomogeneous electric field
- 25 Downloads
It is shown that electrodynamic instability in a nematic liquid crystal in constant inhomogeneous electric field can exhibit an oscillatory character. A frequency has been found that is close to that of oscillations observed in experiments.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Ostroumov, Interaction of Electric and Hydrodynamic Fields (Nauka Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. K. Stishkov and A. A. Ostapenko, Electrohydrodynamic Flows in Liquid Dielectrics (Izdat LGU Leningrad, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Pikin, Structural Transformations in Liquid Crystals (Nauka Moscow, 1981) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.L. M. Blinov, Liqid Crystals: Structure and Properties (Librokom Moscow, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Delev, E. S. Batyrshin, A. N. Chuvyrov, and O. A. Skaldin, Vestnik Bash. Gos. Univ., No. 1, 26 (1997).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Delev, E. S. Batyrshin, O. A. Skaldin, and A. N. Chuvyrov, Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst. Sci. Technol. A 329, 1111 (1999).Google Scholar
- 10.A. N. Chuvyrov, in Fluctuations and Noises in Complex Systems of Living and Non-Living Nature, Ed. by R.M. Yulmet’ev, A. V. Mokshin, S. A. Demin, and M. Kh. Salakhov (RITs Shkola Kazan, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar