Modeling the deflection of relativistic particles in axial and planar channels of a silicon crystal
Modeling the deflection of protons and π−-mesons in axial and planar channels of a bent silicon crystal was performed by numerically solving the kinetic Fokker-Planck equation in the space of transverse coordinates and velocities, as well as in the space of transverse energies. We discuss the reasons of forming an angular distribution with two maxima for the beam of π−-mesons under planar channeling in a silicon crystal that was obtained as a result of simulation in our previous work. The modeling results in the space of transverse energies and in the phase space of transverse coordinates and velocities prove to be in rather good agreement for protons, but are somewhat different for π−-mesons.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.V. V. Beloshitskii, M. A. Kumakhov, and V. A. Ryabov, Sov. Phys. JETP 60(3), 498 (1984).Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Koshcheev, D. A. Morgun, and T. A. Panina Stochastic Dynamics of the Channeling Effect in Crystals and Nanotubes (Poligrafist, Khanty-Mansiisk, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.S. M. Rytov, Introduction to Statistical Radiophysics. Part 1. Random Processes (Nauka, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.V. P. Koshcheev and D. A. Morgun, J. Surf. Investig.: X-RAY, Synchrotr. Neutr. Techn. 14(5), 571 (1998).Google Scholar
- 14.V. P. Koshcheev, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz. No. 4, 123–124 (1990).Google Scholar
- 17.V. A. Bazylev, V. I. Glebov, and V. V. Goloviznin, Sov. Phys. JETP 64(1), 14 (1986).Google Scholar