A method for revealing coupling between oscillators with analytical assessment of statistical significance
- 36 Downloads
A method based on calculating the coefficient of correlation between the increments of oscillation phases is proposed for revealing a coupling between two oscillatory systems according to their time series. A distribution of the estimate of this characteristic for uncoupling systems is found; it was used to obtain a criterion for judging the availability of the coupling with a specified confidence probability. The proposed method is simpler than known methods and has a wider range of application, since it also includes oscillators with fairly strong phase nonlinearity. The efficiency of this method is illustrated by examples of reference systems in a numerical experiment.
KeywordsTechnical Physic Letter Modulate Coupling Phase Nonlinearity Phase Increment Difference Coupling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Pikovskii, M. G. Rozenblyum, and Yu. Kurts, in Synchronization. A Fundamental Nonlinear Phenomenon (Tekhnosfera, Moscow, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.A. E. Hramov, A. A. Koronovskii, V. I. Ponomarenko, and M. D. Prokhorov, Phys. Rev. E 75, 056 207 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.I. I. Mokhov and D. A. Smirnov, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Fiz. Atmos. Okeana 42, 650 (2006).Google Scholar
- 8.I. I. Blekhman, Synchronization of Dynamical Systems (Nauka, Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.M. G. Rosenblum, A. S. Pikovsky, J. Kurths, et al., Neuroinformatics (eds. Moss F. and Gielen S.), Handbook of Biological Physics (Elsevier Science, New York, 2000) 4, 279.Google Scholar
- 11.D. A. Smirnov, E. V. Sidak, and B. P. Bezruchko, Izv. vuzov. Prikladnaya nelineinaya dinamika 16(2), (2008).Google Scholar