Effect of mass transfer and segregation on the formation of superhard nanostructured Ti-Hf-N(Fe) catings
- 60 Downloads
Superhard nanostructured Ti-Hf-N(Fe) coatings are prepared. The formation of local regions of (Ti, Hf)N, FeN, and Hf is detected using μ-PIXE (ion microbeam). It is revealed that the synthesized coatings have a nanohardness of 48 ± 1 GPa and are composed of nanograins with a size of 4.8–10.6 nm, which are enveloped by finer entities of other phases (Ti, Fe)N and FeN. There is a good correlation between the results derived by XRD, TEM, AFM, and SEM and microanalysis, which in turn are complemented by the analysis results obtained using an ion microbeam and PIXE.
KeywordsTechnical Physic Letter PIXE Fine Entity Vickers Pyramid Nanograin Size
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.G. Abrasonis, W. Moller, and Xin Xin Ma, Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 065 901 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.O. G. Ponomarev, Doctoral Dissertation in Mathematical Physics (Kharkiv, 2011).Google Scholar
- 7.R. F. Zhang, A. S. Argon, and S. Veprek, Phys. Rev. 79, 245 426 (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.R. F. Zhang, S. H. Shing, and S. Veprek, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 031 906 (2007).Google Scholar
- 13.J. Musil, in Nanocomposite Film and Coating, Ed. by S. Zhang and N. Ali (Imperial College Press, London, 2007), pp. 281–328.Google Scholar