Numerical investigation of the onset of instability of triple shock configurations in steady supersonic gas flows
Triple configurations of shock waves that arise in a steady supersonic flow of a real gas have been numerically simulated. Previously, we have theoretically predicted that a new triple shock configuration with a negative reflection angle can appear in a gas flow at large Mach numbers and small adiabatic indices. This configuration is now obtained for the first time in numerical experiments. It is shown that the formation of this triple shock configuration leads to instability of the entire flow pattern.
KeywordsShock Wave Mach Number Technical Physic Letter Wedge Angle Rocket Engine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. G. Gvozdeva, Conditions of Instability of Three-Shock Configuration in Steady Flows, The 19th International Shock Interaction Symposium (ISIS-19) (Moscow, 2010).Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Gavrenkov and L. G. Gvozdeva, Numerical Investigation of Triple Shock Configuration for Steady Cases in Real Gases, Physics of Extreme States of Matter (Chernogolovka, 2011), p. 66.Google Scholar
- 3.L. G. Gvozdeva, V. L. Borsch, and S. A. Gavrenkov, Proceesdings of the 28th Intern. Symp. on Shock Waves (Manchester, 2011).Google Scholar
- 5.STAR-CCM+ (Version 6.06) User’s Manual, CD-Adapco, 2011.Google Scholar
- 6.P. R. Spalart and S. R. Allmaras, A One-Equation Turbulence Model for Aerodynamic Flows, AIAA-92-0439 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.L. G. Gvozdeva, N. B. Sherbak, A. Chpoun, and D. Passerel, Proceedings of the 20th Intern. Symp. on Shock Waves (July 1995, Pasadena, CA), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Courant and K. O. Friedrichs, Supersonic Flows and Shock Waves (Interscience, New York, 1948).Google Scholar