Hyperbolic chaos generator based on coupled drift klystrons
- 26 Downloads
A scheme of the generator of chaotic oscillations in the microwave band is proposed that is based on two drift klystrons coupled in a ring circuit. The first klystron doubles the frequency of the input signal and the second klystron mixes the second harmonic signal and the reference signal representing a periodic sequence of radio pulses filled with the third harmonic, followed by separation of the differential first harmonic signal. As a result, the transformation of the signal phase during the period of pulse repetition is described by a stretching map of the circle (Bernoulli map) and demonstrates chaotic behavior. Results of numerical calculations are presented that confirm the implementation of the proposed mechanism to ensure the generation of robust, structurally stable chaos in the system under consideration.
PACS numbers05.45.Jn 84.40.Fe
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. P. Kuznetsov, Dynamical Chaos (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.S. P. Kuznetsov, Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 144 101 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.B. S. Dmitriev, Yu. D. Zharkov, V. N. Skorokhodov, P. Yu. Semenovykh, and A. A. Biryukov, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 75(12), 94 (2007) [Tech. Phys. 50, 1628 (2005)].Google Scholar
- 5.Y. M. Shin, N. M. Ryskin, J. H. Won, S. T. Han, and G. S. Park, Phys. Plasmas 13, 033 104 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.B. S. Dmitriev, Yu. D. Zharkov, N. M. Ryskin, and A. M. Shigaev, Radiotekh. Élektron. 46, 604 (2001) [J. Comm. Technol. Electron 46, 551 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 7.O. B. Isaeva, Abstracts of the 3rd Conf. Young Scientists “Nanoelectronics, Nanophotonics, and Nonlinear Physics” (Saratov University, Saratov, 2008), p. 45 [in Russian].Google Scholar