InSb/InAs quantum dots grown by liquid phase epitaxy
- 128 Downloads
The first original results on the growth of quantum dots (QDs) in the InSb/InAs system by liquid phase epitaxy (LPE) are reported. The density and dimensions of QDs were studied by methods of scanning probe microscopy and atomic force microscopy. The surface density, shapes, and dimensions of LPE-grown nanoislands depend on the growth conditions (temperature, cooling rate, and solution melt-substrate contact time). In the interval of temperatures T = 420–445°C, homogeneous arrays of InSb quantum dots on InAs(100) substrates were obtained with an average height of H = 3.4 ± 1nm, a radius of R = 27.2 ± 7.5 nm, and a density of up to 1.9 × 1010 cm−2.
PACS numbers73.21.La 81.15.Lm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. N. Ledentsov, V. M. Ustinov, V. A. Shchukin, et al., Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 32, 385 (1998) [Semiconductors 32, 343 (1999)].Google Scholar
- 4.G. Saint-Giroris, G. Patriarche, A. Michon, et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 031 923 (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.D. E. Eaglesham and M. Cerrulo, Phys. Rev. Lett. 65, 1020 (1995).Google Scholar
- 9.G. G. Zegrya, Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 32(4), 12 (2006) [Tech. Phys. Lett. 32, 174 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 11.I. E. Maronchuk, A. I. Maronchuk, T. F. Kulyutkina, et al., Poverkhnost, No. 12, 97 (2005).Google Scholar
- 12.A. N. Imenkov, N. M. Kolchanova, P. Kubat, et al., Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 35, 375 (2001) [Semiconductors 35, 360 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 13.N. Deguffrog, M. Ramonda, A. N. Baranov, and E. Tournie, in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Narrow Gap Semiconductors, Touluse, France, 2005, Ser. No. 187, pp. 93–98.Google Scholar
- 14.S. V. Ivanov, A. N. Semenov, O. G. Lyublinskaya, et al., in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Narrow Gap Semiconductors, Touluse, France, 2005, Ser. No. 187, pp. 89–92.Google Scholar
- 16.A. Ankudinov, V. Maruschak, A. Titkov, et al., Phys. Low-Dim. Struct. 3/4, 9 (2001).Google Scholar
- 17.M. S. Dunaevsky, A. V. Ankudinov, Z. F. Krasilnik, et al., in Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Nanostructures: Physics and Technology, St. Petersburg, 2003, pp. 103–104.Google Scholar