Optically addressed As50Se50-liquid crystal structure highly sensitive to He-Ne laser radiation
- 27 Downloads
An optically addressed structure of the As x Se1-x -liquid crystal (LC) type, with the photoconductor composition deviating from stoichiometry toward excess arsenic, has been tested using holographic techniques. It is established that the As50Se50-LC structure (with maximum possible arsenic content in the photoconductor) exhibits record high sensitivity (2.2 × 10−7 W/cm2) at a He-Ne laser radiation wavelength. Based on this structure, it is possible to implement nonlinear optical data-processing algorithms employing the entire transmission characteristic including the inversion region. The maximum diffraction efficiency achieved with the As50Se50-LC structure amounts to 36.5%.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. P. Amosova, N. I. Pletneva, and A. N. Chaika, Opt. Zh. 72(6), 57 (2005) [J. Opt. Technol. 72, 469 (2005)].Google Scholar
- 2.N. L. Ivanova, A. P. Onokhov, and A. N. Chaika, Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 27(16), 57 (2001) [Tech. Phys. Lett. 27, 647 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 3.L. P. Amosova, I. E. Morichev, N. I. Pletneva, and A. N. Chaika, Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 30(9), 1 (2004) [Tech. Phys. Lett. 30, 349 (2004)].Google Scholar
- 5.Amorphous Semiconductors, Ed. by M. H. Brodsky (Springer, Berlin, 1979).Google Scholar
- 9.O. I. Shpotyuk, Opto-Electron. Rev. 11, 19 (2003).Google Scholar