A new polymeric medium for optical phase-modulated recording with diffusion enhancement
A new photorecording material for the phase holography with postexposure enhancement in the near-UV spectral region has been developed based on xanthone-doped poly(methyl methacrylate). It is demonstrated that the main role in the postexposure hologram enhancement in this medium is played by diffusion. The refractive index modulation amplitude achieved with the proposed material is δn ∼ 4 × 10−3 at a maximum enhancement coefficient of no less than 30. Phase gratings formed in the new medium are stable at elevated temperatures and are retained upon homogeneous irradiation.
KeywordsMethyl Refractive Index Elevated Temperature Methacrylate Spectral Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Veniaminov, V. F. Goncharov, and A. P. Popov, Opt. Spektrosk. 70, 864 (1991) [Opt. Spectrosc. 70, 505 (1991)].Google Scholar
- 2.Chemical Encyclopedia, Ed. by N. S. Zefirov (Bols’shay a Rossiiskay a Entsiklopediya, Moscow, 1995), Vol. 4 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.O. V. Bandyuk, N. S. Shelekhov, A. P. Popov, et al., Zh. Prikl. Khim. (Leningrad) 61, 946 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Stankevich and V. V. Mogils’nyi, Vestn. Bashkir. Gos. Univ., Ser. 1, No. 3, 13 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.K. K. Shvarts, Physics of Optical Recording in Insulators and Semiconductors (Zinatne, Riga, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. Yu. Grosberg and A. R. Khokhlov, Statistical Physics of Macromolecules (Nauka, Moscow, 1989; AIP, New York, 1994).Google Scholar