Study of the Crack Resistance of Microarc Oxidation Coatings after Laser Doping with Zirconium Oxide
- 7 Downloads
In this paper we present the results of a study of crack resistance of a microarc oxidation coating (MAO) after laser doping with zirconium oxide. Crack resistance was determined by indentation with imprint imaging using atomic force microscopy. Laser doping with zirconium oxide was established to lead to a significant hardening of the MAO coating. The stress intensity factor increases by a factor of 2.7 while surface damage decreases by a factor of 2 compared with the initial MAO coating.
This work was supported by the Belarusian Republican Foundation for Basic Research, project no. F18R-239.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they do not have any conflicts of interest.
- 1.A. I. Komarov, P. A. Vityaz’, V. I. Komarova, N. N. Rozhkova, and P. S. Zolotaya, in Nanostructures in Condensed Media (Inst. Teplo- i Massoobmena, Minsk, 2016), p. 14.Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Kalinichenko, A. I. Komarov, V. I. Komarova, V. V. Meshkova, D. O. Iskandarova, and Yu. I. Frolov, in Modern Methods and Technologies for Production and Processing of Materials (Fiz.-Tekh. Inst. Nats. Akad. Nauk Belarusi, Minsk, 2017), Vol. 2, p. 176.Google Scholar
- 4.G. R. Anstis, P. Chantikul, B. R. Lawn, and D. B. Marshall, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 64, 533 (1981). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1981.tb10320.x CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.O. L. Khasanov, V. K. Struts, V. M. Sokolov, V. V. Polisadova, E. S. Dvilis, and Z. G. Bikbaeva, Methods for Measuring the Microhardness and the Crack Resistance of Nanostructured Ceramics: Study Guide (Tomsk. Politekh. Univ., Tomsk, 2011).Google Scholar
- 11.T. A. Kuznetsova, M. A. Andreev, and L. V. Markova, Mater., Tekhnol., Instrum. 11, 105 (2006).Google Scholar
- 12.T. A. Kuznetsova, M. A. Andreev, and L. V. Markova, Trenie Iznos 26, 521 (2005).Google Scholar
- 16.T. A. Kuznetsova, M. A. Andreev, L. V. Markova, and V. A. Chekan, J. Frict. Wear 22, 423 (2001).Google Scholar
- 17.V. A. Lapitskaya, T. A. Kuznetsova, S. A. Chizhik, and P. S. Grinchuk, Proc. XIII Int. Conf. “Methodological Aspects of Scanning Probe Microscopy,” Minsk, Belarus, 2018, p. 260.Google Scholar
- 18.A. I. Komarov, Yu. I. Frolov, O. G. Devoino, and V. V. Meshkova, Aktual. Vopr. Mashinoved., No. 7, 207 (2018).Google Scholar