Charging of Ion-Implanted Dielectrics by Electron Irradiation
- 8 Downloads
The charging kinetics of Al2O3 (sapphire) and SiO2 (α-quartz) dielectrics irradiated by inert gas ions (Ar+), metal ions (Ga+), and protons (H+) has been studied. It has been found that charging kinetics depends considerably on the type of irradiating ion. Also, it has been established that preirradiation of a dielectric target by an ionizing corpuscular radiation (protons, ions) substantially changes the charge characteristics of the dielectric surface. These differences depend on irradiating ion energy, which governs the depth of an accumulated negative charge layer versus the depth of ion preimplantation.
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, grant no. 18-02-00813A.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors claim that there is no conflict of interest.
- 1.J. Liebault, D. Siesse-Moya, F. Moya, K. Zarbout, G. Damamme, and G. Moya, in Proc. Conf. on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico, 2002, p. 652.Google Scholar
- 2.D. W. Vance, in Proc. Conf. on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena, Pocono Manor, United States, 1970, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 5.F. A. Kröger, in Structure and Properties of MgO and Al 2 O 3 Ceramics, Ed. by W. D. Kingery (American Ceramic Society, Columbus, 1984), p. 1.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Alves, M. F. da Silva, J. G. Marques, J. C. Soares, and K. Freitag, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. B 141, 353 (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.V. Privezentsev, A. Goryachev, and K. Shcherbachev, in Proc. World Congress on New Technologies, Barcelona, Spain, 2015, p. 453.Google Scholar
- 10.http://www.srim.org.Google Scholar