Study of Diffusion Bonding of 45 Steel through the Compacted Nickel Powder Layer
- 35 Downloads
The microstructure of the transition zone and powder spacer, the concentration distribution of chemical elements over the width of the diffusion-bonded joint, and microhardness of 45 steel–compacted Ni powder spacer–45 steel layered composites formed by diffusion bonding have been investigated. It has been shown that the relative spacer thickness χ < 0.06 is optimal for obtaining a high-quality joint has been formed under a compacting pressure of 500 MPa. The solid-state diffusion bonding is accompanied by sintering the nickel powder spacer and the formation of the transition zone between the spacer and steel. The transition zone consists of solid solution of nickel in the α-Fe phase and ordered solid solution of iron in nickel (FeNi3).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. F. Kazakov, Diffusion Welding of Materials (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1976).Google Scholar
- 2.E. S. Karakozov, Pressure Metal Welding (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1986).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Lyushinskii, Diffusion Welding of Dissimilar Materials (Akademiya, Moscow, 2006).Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Konyushkov and R. A. Musin, Special Techniques of Pressure Welding (I.P.R. Media, Saratov, 2009).Google Scholar
- 5.A. B. Bulkov, V. V. Peshkov, V. R. Petrenko, et al., Svar. Proizvod., No. 11, 18 (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Lyushinskii, Svarka Diagn., No. 4, 42 (2009).Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Lyushinskii, E. S. Fedorova, S. V. Starovatskii, et al., Aviakosm. Priborostr., No. 6, 3 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.K. A. Yushchenko, B. A. Zadery, A. V. Zvyagintseva, et al., Paton Weld. J., No. 11, 2 (2006).Google Scholar
- 15.GOST 21318-75. Measurement of Microhardness by Scratch Diamond Instruments (Izd. Standartov, Moscow, 1988).Google Scholar
- 16.State Diagrams of Binary Metallic Systems. Handbook, Ed. by N. P. Lyakishev (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1996), Vol.2.Google Scholar
- 17.G. A. Libenson, V. Yu. Lopatin, and G. V. Komaritskii, Powder Metallurgy Processes, Vol. 2: Molding and Sintering (MISIS, Moscow, 2002).Google Scholar