Heat Transfer in a Semitransparent Medium
- 10 Downloads
The problem of 1D radiative-conductive heat transfer in a homogeneous isotropic gray medium near a planar diffuse nontransparent surface and in between parallel plates with different temperatures has been solved analytically. Nonconvective measurements of the thermal resistance of parallel-plane polyethylene foam specimens versus the number of layers (i.e., thickness) have been taken, both without and with thin screens made of aluminum foil. The applicability of the suggested theoretical approach and experimental technique for the measurement of radiative heat transfer and heat transfer by conduction in light heat-protective materials has been demonstrated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.J. R. Howell and R. Siegel, Thermal Radiation Heat Transfer (NASA, 1971).Google Scholar
- 5.S. S. Kutateladze, Fundamentals of the Theory of Heat Transfer, 5th ed. (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1979).Google Scholar
- 6.Physical Quantities: Handbook, Ed. by I. S. Grigor’ev and E. Z. Meilikhov (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1991).Google Scholar
- 7.E. Yu. Shamparov and I. N. Zhagrina, RF Utility Model No. 166709 (2016).Google Scholar
- 8.Crystalline Olefin Polymers, Ed. by R. A. Raff and K. W. Doak (Wiley, New York, 1965).Google Scholar