Linear ion trap with a deterministic voltage of the general form
- 26 Downloads
An analysis of the stability zones of a linear ion trap in the case of applying the voltage of the common form to the electrodes has been presented. The possibility of the localization of ions for specific types of periodic (but not harmonic) signals has been investigated. It has been shown that, when changing the types of temporal functions of the applied voltage the control by both trapping and dynamics of ions in a linear radiofrequency (RF) trap occurs, while preserving its design. The latest developments present new possibilities of implementing devices based on single ions, e.g., quantum frequency standards and quantum processors.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.R. E. March and J. F. J. Todd, Quadrupole Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry, Ed. by J. D. Winefordner (Wiley Online, 2005), Vol. 165.Google Scholar
- 6.W. Paul, Nobel Lecture “Electromagnetic traps for charged and neutral particles” (December 8, 1989), Usp. Fiz. Nauk 160 (12), 109 (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.J. M. Amini, J. Britton, D. Leibfried, and D. J. Wineland, Microfabricated Chip Traps for Ions Atom Chips, Ed. by J. Reichel and V. Vuletic (Wiley,Weinheim, 2011).Google Scholar
- 11.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 1: Mechanics, 4th ed. (Nauka, Moscow, 1988, Pergamon, New York, 1988).Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Abramov and S. V. Kurochkin, Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 47, 414 (2007).Google Scholar