Two-phase flow dynamics during boiling of R134a refrigerant in minichannels
This study is devoted to complex experimental investigation of two-phase flow boiling of R134a refrigerant in a minichannel having a hydraulic diameter of 540 μm at heat fluxes up to 70 kW/m2 and mass fluxes up to 700 kg/(m2 s). Flow regimes, pressure drop, heat transfer coefficient, and behavior of instabilities are analyzed as functions of vapor quality. On the basis of experimental data, the methods for calculating two-phase pressure drop in a minichannel with a diameter of about 500 μm are determined, and new correlation is proposed for estimating the heat-transfer coefficient; the region of stable boiling of the refrigerant is also determined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Kalnin’, Kholod. Tekh., No. 3, 12 (2008).Google Scholar
- 2.I. M. Kalnin’, Kholod. Tekh., No. 1, 42 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.O. B. Tsvetkov, Kholod. Tekh., No. 1, 4 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Johnson and P. Hrnjak, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC ACRC) Tech. Rep., 2009, p. 170.Google Scholar
- 6.V. E. Nakoryakov and V. V. Kuznetsov, in Proceedings of the 4th Russian National Conference on Heat Transfer (RNKT-4), Moscow, 2006 (Dom MEI, Moscow, 2006), pp. 33–38 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.S. G. Kandlikar, S. Garimella, D. Li, S. Colin, and M. R. King, Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow in Minichannels and Microchannels (Elsevier, Oxford, 2006).Google Scholar
- 9.P. V. Carey, Liquid Vapor Phase Change Phenomena: An Introduction to the Thermophysics of Vaporization and Condensation Processes in Heat Transfer Equipment, 2nd ed. (Taylor & Francis, Oxford, 2008).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Revelline, “Experimental two-phase fluid flow in microchannels,” PhD Thesis No. 3437 (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 2005).Google Scholar
- 12.B. S. Babakin, Alternative Refrigerants and Service of Related Refrigeration Systems (Kolos, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.V. N. Tselikov, Kholod. Tekh., No. 11, 4 (2009).Google Scholar
- 14.D. M. Khovalyg and A. V. Baranenko, Vestn. Mezhdunar. Akad. Kholoda, No. 1, 3 (2012).Google Scholar
- 15.D. M. Khovalyg and A. V. Baranenko, Vestn. Mezhdunar. Akad. Kholoda., No. 4, 3 (2013).Google Scholar
- 20.D. M. Khovalyg and A. V. Baranenko, Kholod. Tekh., No. 10, 45 (2013).Google Scholar